Elite School of Optometry
(Unit of Medical Research Foundation)
ESO Alumni Association Award
Best Research Publication for the year 2013-2014
Greetings from Elite School of Optometry.
I am glad to inform you all that the ESO Alumni Association (ESOAA) has instituted the
“ESO Alumni Association Award” for the “Best Research Publication” by any graduate of
ESO. The award carries a medal and a certificate. The award would be given every year
during the convocation function of ESO. Guidelines for eligibility for this year are given
I request your kind co-operation in the form of submission of your publications for the
award. Also, I request you to spread the word among ESO graduates/alumni about the
award. The last date for submission is June 30, 2014
R. Krishna Kumar.
ESO Alumni Association Award for the Best Research Publication
CALL FOR RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
1. The “ESO Alumni Association Award” for the “Best Research Publication” will be
awarded to one graduate or alumnus of ESO.
2. The recipient of the award must be an author or co-author of a research
publication published between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Articles that have
been submitted or accepted for publication are not eligible for the award.
3. The publication must have arisen from the research work done by the recipient
during his/her studentship at ESO. By studentship, it is meant that the recipient
was registered as an undergraduate or post-graduate student at ESO during which
the research that resulted in the publication was carried out.
4. The research could have been completed any time prior to June 30, 2014. The
research could have completed at any place other than ESO but must have
originated during the author’s studentship at ESO; in this case, acknowledgement
of the work done at ESO/MRF must have been mentioned in the submitted
publication. 5. All publications in the form of original research article, review article, case report
or case series are eligible for the award. Publications in online free-access journals
are also eligible.
6. The submitted publication must have been published in a peer reviewed journal.
7. If the article has more than one author, clear description of the contribution of
each author the publication must be given in the cover letter. If the winning
submission has more than one ESO graduate/alumnus, the selection committee
will decide who will get the award.
8. All submissions must be sent to by email to email@example.com. The
submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter that states clearly (a) when
the work was initiated, (b) when was it completed, (c) the current affiliation of the
authors, (d) the contributions of each author to the publication, and (e) any other
relevant material that should be considered by the selection committee.
9. Last date for submission is June 30, 2014.
10. A committee constituting optometrists and vision scientists will evaluate the
submissions and decide on the award.
11. The award will be given to the winner during the convocation function every year.
The date, time and venue of the function will be intimated to the winner via email.
The same will be posted on ESO website.