Instituted by Dr Rajagopal, S/0 Dr S Narasimhan
Elite School of Optometry
(Unit of Medical Research Foundation)
Greetings from Elite School of Optometry.
I am glad to inform you all that the Dr S Rajagopal, S/O Dr S Narasimhnan has instituted the “Dr
S Narasimhan Memorial Award” for the “Best Research in Optometry”. The award carries a
Cash Prize, Plaque,and a certificate. The award would be given every year during the
convocation function of ESO. Guidelines for eligibility for this year are given below.
I request your kind co-operation in the form of submission of your publications for the award.
The last date for submission of Research paper is June 30, 2014. Also, I request you to spread
the word among ESO graduates/alumni about the award.
R. Krishna Kumar.
“Dr S. Narasimhan Memorial Award” for the Best Research in Optometry
1. The persons who are desirous of competing for the Award should send their names
along with the manuscript of the Research paper to the ESO office
(firstname.lastname@example.org) through their Heads of the Department.
2. All Optometrists, Refractionists and postgraduate/Doctorate/ Fellowship students of
Sankara Nethralaya / Elite School of Optometry are eligible for the award.
3. A committee of three senior faculty members appointed by the Principal of Elite
School of Optometry will scrutinize these for the quality of the research content.
(Dr S. Narasimhan Memorial Award – Preliminary scrutiny committee)
4. The committee will scrutinize these papers for the quality of the research content
with marks awarded according to the criteria provided by the Principal of Elite
School of Optometry.
5. The Principal of Elite School of Optometry will select 3 to 5 of them after totaling the
marks for a presentation by the authors on a date and time fixed by him or her.
6. The authors of the selected papers will present the same to the audience consisting
of the Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Refractionists and Undergraduate
/postgraduate/Doctorate/ Fellowship students in both clinical and basic sciences. Instituted by Dr Rajagopal, S/0 Dr S Narasimhan
7. A panel of judges (Dr S. Narasimhan Memorial Award - Panel of Judges) consisting
of three senior faculty members will be appointed by the Principal of Elite School of
Optometry to select the best paper. The panel will be provided with the criteria
based on which the judges will provide the marks for each candidate.
8. The Principal of Elite School of Optometry will collect the results from the judges,
calculate the total marks obtained and announce the name of the awardees. In case
of a tie the award will be shared among all of them even if they are more than two.
9. The “Dr S. Narasimhan Memorial Award” for the Best Research in Optometry will
be presented to the recipient(s) at the annual convocation day.