Please prepare your abstracts in Microsoft Word 2007 (or earlier releases). Please name the file after the Presenting Author and include the extension “.doc” or “.docx”. For example, if the name of the Presenting author is Krishna Kumar, the file name could be “Krishna_Kumar.doc”. If you plan to submit more than one abstract, please add a number after the name of the file. For example, if Krishna Kumar submits two abstracts, his files could be named “Krishna_Kumar_1.doc” and “Krishna_Kumar_2.doc” for the ease of differentiating the abstracts.
The abstract should be organized in the following order:
1. Title of the abstract should be in BOLD CAPITAL letters. The title should be precise and be informative of the content of the abstract.
2. List of authors. Please provide the Presenting author separately. Then mention all other contributing authors as Co-authors. Please give the full names of all contributing authors. If authors have different affiliations, please use numeric superscripts after the author’s name.
Eg: Presenting Author:
Kumar R 1
Co-Authors: Jameel Rizwana 1,2, Rashima A 1,2, Anuradha N 2
3. List the affiliations of the authors with full address. Please precede each affiliation with the appropriate numeric superscript
Eg: 1 Elite School of Optometry, Chennai
2 Medical and Vision Research Foundation, Chennai
4. The abstract: All abstracts (excluding the subheadings) should be 300 words or less in length. Abstracts could be submitted in any of the three following formats:
Format for the abstract:
I. Research: The abstract should be clear and should adequately describe the work done, results obtained and conclusions drawn. The abstract should be divided in to the following subheadings: (i) Purpose, (ii) Methods, (iii) Results, and (iv) Conclusion.
II. Case Study: The abstract should be clear and should adequately describe a single case or a series of similar cases, the clinical procedures used to at the diagnosis, the treatment given and the outcome. The abstract should be divided in to the following subheadings: (i) Introduction, (ii) Case Details, and (iii) Management/ Treatment and iv) Outcome.
III. Free-form: Any work with a clear description of the work and the outcome is accepted in the free-form format. The appropriate content for this format would be the exposition of a new technique, theory or proposition of a research question.
Area of Research:
All abstract should have the mention about the area of research to be selected from the following fields. Only one field must be selected per abstract. This number must be mentioned during online submission
1. Cornea and External eye disease
4. Retinal Disease and Diagnostics
5. Refractive error
6. Contact Lens
7. Binocular Vision & Vision Therapy
8. Pediatric Vision Care
9. Low Vision Care
10. Innovations in optometric education
11. Others (Specify) ________________________